How to Get Started
Who is Eligible
Any organization that is recognized by the IRS as a 501-c-(3) is eligible provided the funds raised remain in the San Antonio and surrounding areas. It’s free to join; just simply complete the 2013 registration form and send it to Valero Texas Open’s office. You will be invited to a local Kick Off to get fundraising ideas and receive all the materials you need to get started.
- Your main responsibility is to raise pledges on behalf of your organization.
- Submit official pledge forms to VTO staff for processing. All pledges that want to be considered for the Birdies for Charity prizes must be turned in to VTO by the close of business the Tuesday of tournament week (April 3). All other entries must be turned in by April 19.
- Submit collected funds to the VTO staff for processing, billing and collection.
- Must reach a fundraising minimum of $500 to register for program in 2014.
Valero Texas Open’s Responsibilities
- Provide fundraising material and pledge forms.
- Data collection of all pledge forms.
- Billing and collection of donations on behalf of each organization.
For schools, consider utilizing open house nights, PTA meetings, athletic games and school functions, and having students solicit friends and family.
For organizations, have volunteers solicit friends and family, approach companies, ask board members and staff or even incorporate it into an existing program as a new element.
Don’t forget to send out reminders to your database by mail, email, newsletter, Web site, Web link, Facebook, Twitter, and even by neighborhood business support.